Examples: query, "exact match", wildcard*, wild?ard, wild*rd
Fuzzy search: cake~ (finds cakes, bake)
Term boost: "red velvet"^4, chocolate^2
Field grouping: tags:(+work -"fun-stuff")
Escape special characters +-&|!(){}[]^"~*?:\ - e.g. \+ \* \!
Range search: properties.timestamp:[1587729413488 TO *] (inclusive), properties.title:{A TO Z}(excluding A and Z)
Combinations: chocolate AND vanilla, chocolate OR vanilla, (chocolate OR vanilla) NOT "vanilla pudding"
Field search: properties.title:"The Title" AND text
Answered
HOA fees after auction wins

I won an auction for an bank foreclosure, and the HOA is coming after me for an excessive amount of money. The HOA attorney is saying that I owe them $16,000 even though the month dues are only like $110, and the previous owners appears to have stopped paying for the past 3 years, which is about $4,000 worth. When I pointed it out the attorney is saying it's because of interest and legal fees. This can't be!!! What is the next step?

Posted 4 months ago

I read the Statutes David Cain posted. It didn't sound hopeful as I understood it, but I am not an attorney. So begs the question... did you find a work around?

Candace McCutcheon   10 days ago Report
Votes Newest

Answers

Tell him to pound salt. The HOA lien doesn't survive if the HOA was notified. The HOA could have bought it if they wanted to attempt to recover any funds. You do need to pay dues going forward from the purchase date though.

Posted 3 months ago

Suggest you read FL. Statutes 718.116 (1) (a).

David Cain   one month ago Report
1 Answer
4 months ago
3 months ago
Tags
hoa

Miami Dade County Foreclosure Schedule

Miami Dade County Foreclosure Auctions: