Examples: query, "exact match", wildcard*, wild?ard, wild*rd
Fuzzy search: cake~ (finds cakes, bake)
Term boost: "red velvet"^4, chocolate^2
Field grouping: tags:(+work -"fun-stuff")
Escape special characters +-&|!(){}[]^"~*?:\ - e.g. \+ \* \!
Range search: properties.timestamp:[1587729413488 TO *] (inclusive), properties.title:{A TO Z}(excluding A and Z)
Combinations: chocolate AND vanilla, chocolate OR vanilla, (chocolate OR vanilla) NOT "vanilla pudding"
Field search: properties.title:"The Title" AND text
Foreclosure & Tax Deed Auctions / Answered
Hurricane Milton & Hurricane Helene Foreclosure forbearance?

I know the banks allow up to 12 months of forbearance on people's mortgages, does this reset properties already in foreclosure process like the ones that have sale dates or just LPs?

Posted 9 days ago
Votes Newest

Answers

Hi, Frank:

Well, forebearances are just a voluntary courtesy some lenders may or may not offer. Even during the real estate crisis, the government was VERY reluctant to step in and tell banks what they must do to help borrowers. So, it's not like there are black and white rules you can count on in this situation. Whatever the bank is willing to do is pretty much what you're going to get.

That said, I can tell you what I have seen during my 16 years of practice. Typically, if there is an ongoing action, you may see the bank (i) just stand down and not move the case forward during the forebearance, or possibly, (ii) file a motion to "stay" or "abate" the case. In other words, they aren't going to advance the case during a period of loss mitigation. But . . .

They also aren't going to dismiss the case entirely and have to refile a new action later after the forebearance period.

That is what I have seen.

Good luck!

~ Jeff

Posted 8 days ago
1 Answer
9 days ago
8 days ago
  Foreclosure & Tax Deed Auctions

Miami Dade County Foreclosure Schedule

Miami Dade County Foreclosure Auctions: