Examples: query, "exact match", wildcard*, wild?ard, wild*rd
Fuzzy search: cake~ (finds cakes, bake)
Term boost: "red velvet"^4, chocolate^2
Field grouping: tags:(+work -"fun-stuff")
Escape special characters +-&|!(){}[]^"~*?:\ - e.g. \+ \* \!
Range search: properties.timestamp:[1587729413488 TO *] (inclusive), properties.title:{A TO Z}(excluding A and Z)
Combinations: chocolate AND vanilla, chocolate OR vanilla, (chocolate OR vanilla) NOT "vanilla pudding"
Field search: properties.title:"The Title" AND text
Answered
can I get my money back for a non existent tax deed property

Just bought this month in Miami-Dade a tax deed property that does not exist. Went down to look at it two days ago and the apartment it seems was never built WTF anybody have any clues what i can do? Called the property appraiser they had no Idea told me to contact city attorney so far nobody's returned my emails or calls. This has to be illegal.

Posted 20 days ago
Votes Newest

Answers

Wow, that’s a crazy situation! I can totally see why you’re frustrated. Here’s what I’d suggest doing next:

First Things First:
Double-Check Your Documents: Make sure the property records and the legal description on your deed match up. It’s possible there’s been some kind of mix-up.

Talk to the Tax Collector’s Office: Since this was a tax deed sale, they might have more info or be able to point you in the right direction.

Reach Out to the Building Department: The city or county building department might have records on whether this apartment was ever actually built. Sometimes things get planned but never get off the ground.
If You’re Still Stuck:

Get a Real Estate Attorney Involved: Since you’ve already tried contacting the property appraiser and city attorney without much luck, it might be time to bring in a real estate attorney. They can help figure out if there’s been some kind of fraud or misrepresentation.

Look Into a Refund: Depending on what you find out, you might be able to get your money back or some kind of compensation. Your attorney can help with this too.

Bottom line: You’re doing the right thing by digging into this, but it’s probably time to get some legal advice to make sure your rights are protected. It definitely sounds like something’s not right here.

For everyone new to the game, here are some key tips to keep in mind:

1. Do Your Homework: Always perform thorough due diligence on the title, parcel history, and location before you even consider bidding.
  2. Visit the Property: Make sure to physically check out the property as close to the auction date as possible. Properties can sometimes suffer damage or even be destroyed after the latest Google Street View update. If you can’t visit in person, hire someone to take recent photos—Craigslist, photo services, or even an Uber driver can help with this!
  3. Order a Title Search: To back up your own research, always order a professional title search to ensure there are no surprises.
Posted 17 days ago
Damon Simon
114 × 5 Administrator
1 Answer
20 days ago
17 days ago

Miami Dade County Foreclosure Schedule

Miami Dade County Foreclosure Auctions: