Examples: query, "exact match", wildcard*, wild?ard, wild*rd
Fuzzy search: cake~ (finds cakes, bake)
Term boost: "red velvet"^4, chocolate^2
Field grouping: tags:(+work -"fun-stuff")
Escape special characters +-&|!(){}[]^"~*?:\ - e.g. \+ \* \!
Range search: properties.timestamp:[1587729413488 TO *] (inclusive), properties.title:{A TO Z}(excluding A and Z)
Combinations: chocolate AND vanilla, chocolate OR vanilla, (chocolate OR vanilla) NOT "vanilla pudding"
Field search: properties.title:"The Title" AND text
Foreclosure & Tax Deed Auctions / Answered
Why aren't plaintiffs listed in Tax Deed Sales the County?

Hello club members - When looking at tax deeds, I would expect the "plaintiff" to be the municipality as opposed to a private entity?

I am seeing several plaintiffs that appear to be private entities.

Please help me connect the dots.

Many thanks

Votes Newest

Answers

That is because of the tax lien sale before the tax deed sale. The tax deed sale is just the tax lien certificate holder's foreclosure action basically.

Taken from this article Tax Deed Sales in Florida: A Basic Guide

Tax deed sales are public auctions where properties with unpaid taxes are sold to the highest bidder. The process begins when property owners fail to pay their property taxes for a specified period, usually two or more years. To recover the delinquent taxes, the local county government, at the request of a tax certificate/lien holder initiates the tax deed sale process. It is important to note that tax deed sales are different from tax lien sales. Tax lien certificate sales are where investors purchase the right to collect interest on the principal balance paid wherein a lien certificate is received in exchange for payment of unpaid property taxes.

Posted one month ago
Damon Simon
114 × 5 Administrator
1 Answer
one month ago
one month ago
  Foreclosure & Tax Deed Auctions
Tags

Miami Dade County Foreclosure Schedule

Miami Dade County Foreclosure Auctions: